Blackberries and peaches are a match made in heaven in this vintage blackberry peach cobbler recipe. It’s a delicious dessert perfect for summer.
Blackberries and peaches are a match made in heaven. We have a little peach tree in our backyard and every summer it bursts with lush, fragrant, sweet peaches. I carefully, peel, slice and freeze batches of our peaches for delicious cobblers and smoothies.
This is a vintage cobbler recipe. The kind you find on card stock, hand written by someone’s grandma, with generous notes and sweet childhood memories. I’ve made variations of this cobbler and encourage you to do so also. It’s a classic with just peaches and a delight with only blackberries. You can add a pinch of cinnamon if you choose. Play with it. But one of my favorite ways to make it is to combine blackberries and peaches together. This cobbler is warm, luscious and sweet. Top it with vanilla ice cream. It’s divine!
You’ll notice in the recipe it calls for adding “juice” on the top. I’ve made it with orange juice or with berry juice, like cherry or a cranberry mix. It’s fun to vary it up. My favorite is orange juice.
This recipe doesn’t take long to prepare (about 10 to 15 minutes). But you’ll need to be patient as it bakes in the oven for about 55 minutes. Bake it until it’s golden brown. It should be checked starting at 35 – 40 minutes.
Give it a try. And tell me if it isn’t a sweet piece of heaven on your plate! Bon appetite!
This post contains affiliate links. See policy for full disclosure.
Essential items for this recipe:
Gluten free? No problem! Use an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix like ~
Gluten free flour blend
Blackberry peach cobbler
Blackberries and peaches are a match made in heaven. This delicious vintage cobbler recipe is sweet and juicy.
- 1/4 cup butter (softened, plus more for greasing the pan)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar (reserve for topping)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (all purpose gluten free flour mix may be substituted.)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp (whole milk)
- 1 cup blackberries ((one pint))
- 1 1/2 cups peaches (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup juice (orange juice or berry juice)
- Set the oven rack to the middle. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 9 inch square cake pan.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the butter and 2/3 cup of sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the milk and beat until smooth. This mixture will be thick. Pour it into the greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the mixture with blackberries and peaches. Pour the juice all over the mixture. Then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar over the top.
- Bake until golden brown for approximately 55 minutes. Check at 40 minutes. Serve warm, with ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of https://northwestspoon.com Join our email mailing list for more great recipes delivered right to your inbox. Recommended items for this recipe: 9-Inch Nonstick Square Cake Pan Stand mixer Whisk Mixing Bowls