Gluten free buttermilk biscuits are ready! When these words are called out in my home ~ the kids come running!! These gluten free buttermilk biscuits are especially delicious when served warm and fresh out of the oven. We love these gluten free buttermilk biscuits served simply with a little strawberry jam.
These are also heavenly for breakfast with a little sausage and egg on the side or for lunch with soups and stews. We never have left overs, but if you do, they toast up nicely the next day. I love that my picky little eaters snap them up in a flash and that they never complain about them being gluten free. Try these gluten free buttermilk biscuits with my gluten free copy cat Ivar’s clam chowder or gluten free 10 minute tomato soup.
These gluten free buttermilk biscuits are soft, savory and quick and easy to make. The gluten free flour I recommend using for this recipe is Namaste perfect flour blend. I have great results every time.
This post contains affiliate links. See policy for full disclosure.
You can buy this flour online (affiliate, click the picture) or at Costco.
Save time and money with your own biscuit mix:
To save time, I measure out all the dry ingredients ahead of time for a batch. Then I save the dry ingredients in an air-tight zip-lock bag or container in the pantry. It’s your own “pre-made” biscuit mix.
- You’ll have the best results if you bring your “wet” ingredients to room temperature prior to baking. This can be as easy as measuring it all out in a large mixing bowl and letting it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the biscuits into round balls. If you don’t have an ice-cream scoop, try your 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Use a parchment paper lined baking sheet. I’ve found they brown too fast on the bottoms without it.
- Using a different all-purpose gluten-free flour? You will need to check to see if your flour blend contains xanthan gum. If it does not, add 1/4 a tsp of xanthan gum to the dry ingredients. This acts as a thickening agent.
I hope you enjoy this gluten free buttermilk biscuit recipe as much as my family does. I’d love to hear how they work out for you. Leave me a comment below.
Gluten free buttermilk biscuits
You don’t have to miss out on biscuits if you’re gluten free! Savory, soft and delicious. These gluten free buttermilk biscuits are quick and easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cups Namaste perfect flour blend ((all-purpose gluten free flour blend))
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt ((a generous pinch))
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (melted (for brushing on tops))
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Use a whisk to incorporate everything really well. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine and lightly beat together the buttermilk, egg and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Using a spatula, combine to create a wet dough.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop the biscuits into round balls and place them onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the remaining tablespoon of melted butter. This will add more flavor and brown them a little.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until they are baked through.
This recipe should yield about 6-8 biscuits. If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to come back to https://www.northwestspoon.com and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Sign up for the weekly email newsletter for more great recipes.