Key lime pie is cool, creamy, sweet and yet a little bit tart. It is so delicious on a summer’s evening. If you’ve never made key lime pie before, you’ll be surprised how easy it is.
I love limes. Their citrus flavor is so refreshing. I honestly think summer wouldn’t be complete without a cool, creamy, sweet yet tart key lime pie. THIS key lime pie is DIVINE. It’s very rich and creamy. With this key lime pie recipe, you can make either two smaller pies or one very large pie. When I baked this pie, I found it took a little longer to bake in the oven than stated in the recipe. However, oven’s do vary. So, I baked my key lime pie for 20 minutes instead of 15 minutes.
Once it’s chilled and just prior to serving, top it with fresh whipped cream or a sprinkling of powdered sugar. That’s all it needs. If you give this beautiful key lime pie a try, let me know. I’d love to hear how it turned out for you.
If you’d like to make key lime pie gluten free, you can! You can now buy gluten free graham cracker crumbs! If you can’t find them in your local grocery store, buy them online.
What you’ll need
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 tbsp melted butter
2 cans sweetened condensed milk (14 oz cans)
1 cup lime juice (about nine Persian limes)
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
Key Lime Pie
Key lime pie is cool, creamy, sweet and yet a little bit tart. It is so delicious on a summer’s evening.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk ((14 oz cans))
- 1 cup lime juice ((about 9 Persian limes))
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press the mixture firmly into a large pie plate (at least 9 inches). Bake for about 20 minutes, until brown. Remove and let it cool to room temperature.
- Lower the oven heat to 325 F. In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, lime juice and eggs. Whisk until well blended and put into the cooled pie shell. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Once it cools, chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.