Fresh strawberries, blueberries and sweetened Chantilly cream make this simple but beautiful patriotic dessert perfect for summer holidays. Your guests will love these red, white and blue strawberries for Memorial Day or Fourth of July.
Happy 4th of July! Summer is here and we are excited to relax and enjoy time with family and friends this holiday weekend. Are you looking for a patriotic-themed treat? How about some luscious strawberries and blueberries topped with delicate, sweet whipped cream in every bite? You’ll be the star of the party with this gorgeous red, white and blue chantilly cream strawberry dessert. Chantilly cream is sweetened or lightly flavored cream, whipped until it is light and fluffy.
Chantilly cream can be flavored with sugar, liqueur or vanilla to fill cakes and pastries.
I recently made these for a mommy and me cooking class I teach. My son would say…these are “easy, peasy, lemon-squeezy.” Which means ~ they are kid-approved and super fun to make.
This post contains affiliate links. See policy for full disclosure.
Essentials for this recipe:
This week’s #SundaySupper is all about patriotic, 4th of July-inspired foods. Need more recipes? Fear not! We have plenty of ideas for you. Get in the spirit along with my fellow foodie-friends at the #SundaySupper movement. Scroll down to see a list of wonderful Independence Day inspired foodie creations.
These bite-sized berry treats disappear fast. So, I recommend doubling the recipe for a larger family gathering or picnic.
Watch and share the “how to” video
Red, white and blue chantilly cream strawberries
Luscious sweet berries with lightly sweetened whipped cream in every bite. These easy berry treats make a great bite-sized dessert for the 4th of July.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 lb strawberries
- 6 oz blueberries
- Rinse and hull the strawberries. Cut an “X” in the tip of each berry, but do not go all the way through. Gently spread the berries open and set aside.
- In a stand mixer (using the whisk attachment), beat the cream and confectioner’s sugar until soft to medium peaks form. Transfer the whipping cream into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Gently pipe the whipping cream into each berry. Then dot the cream in the strawberries with blueberries.
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
- Apple Pie Milkshake by Love and Confections
- Patriotic Strawberry Jello Margarita Shooters by Girl Abroad
- Summer Berry Pitcher Mojitos by The Crumby Cupcake
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Chicken Tomato Feta Pasta by Taste And See
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Red, White & Blue Stacked Nachos by Simply Healthy Family
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Apple Galette by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Gluten Free American Flag Fruit Pizza by What The Fork Food Blog
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red White and Berry Trifle by My World Simplified
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Rolled Sugar Cookies by From Gate to Plate
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.