Roasted petite red potatoes with parsley and chives are a quick and delicious side. Pair these tasty gourmet spuds with your favorite roast or BBQ meats. The roasted red petite potatoes pictured here are served with buttermilk marinated roast chicken and peas.
Petite red potatoes offer a light tender skin and creamy flesh. They come pre-washed and packaged in 1 lb bags. There is no need to peel them. I love the flavor of these little red potatoes. Freshen them up with a flavor burst of fresh Italian parsley and garden chives.
Chives and Italian parsley are in full bloom here in my little backyard garden. These are some of the easiest and most versatile herbs to grow. They thrive on morning sun and grow simply in garden pots on the patio. Chives are also a perennial. They will come back year after year. The little purple flowers pictured above with the potatoes are edible and are from the chive plant. Grab your scissors and snip away just enough for your salads or these tasty roasted potatoes.
How to roast petite potatoes
In addition to fresh Italian parsley and chives, I season the potatoes with fine Mediterranean sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder and ground pepper. They are tossed in extra virgin olive oil and baked for 30 minutes or until fork tender. There is no need to peel petite red potatoes. Simply toss them in the seasonings and bake. Using a high quality salt will make all the difference in flavor for any roasted vegetable. Don’t use regular table salt as an alternative. Table salt is meant to be used “on the table” as an extra hit of salt if needed. The final step for infusing fresh flavor is to add the fresh herbs, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt right before serving.
Please excuse the well loved roasting pan below. I’ve been told it’s a sign of a busy kitchen and good home cook.
Use left over roasted petite potatoes in salads
If you’re lucky enough to a left over roasted petite potatoes, they are pretty darn good cold too. I usually have several left over when I serve these to my family of four. Toss the potatoes into a fresh garden salad. You’ll love the texture and flavor they bring to a salad full of fresh vegetables. They pair particularly well with blanched french green beans and will compliment Italian or Ranch dressings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for roasted petite potatoes with parsley and chives. It’s an easy side dish for any day of the week. Leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Roasted petite potatoes with parsley and chivesCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Roasted petite red potatoes with parsley and chives are a quick and delicious side. Pair these tasty gourmet spuds with your favorite roast or BBQ meats.
1 lb 8 oz bag petite red gourmet potatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 tsp fine Mediterranean sea salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, diced
1 tablespoon fresh chives, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Add the potatoes to a medium to large mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet. Scrape out any left over seasoning in the bowl with a spoon and drizzle over the potatoes. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Top the roasted potatoes with the fresh parsley and chives. Drizzle a scant amount of extra virgin olive oil over top of the potatoes. Season with an additional scant pinch of sea salt and serve hot.
- Look for petite red potatoes in 1 lb 8 oz pre-packaged bags (680 grams).
- Leave me a comment about your experience with this recipe at https://www.northwestspoon.com