Spinach salad with pomegranate vinaigrette provides a burst of flavor with healthy greens and veggies. You’ll love this sweet-tart vinaigrette and mix of textures.
Keep up your healthy-eating routine with this delightful spinach salad packed full of flavor and vitamins. It makes a great lunch or a well-rounded dinner by adding your choice of protein. I made a simple vinaigrette dressing with pomegranates for a delightful sweet-tart flavor. Accompanying the iron-rich spinach in this salad is mushrooms, red pepper, fresh tomatoes, shallots, cooked bacon, goat cheese and pomegranate arils.
If you haven’t tried pomegranates you should. They are highly nutritious and high in antioxidants. The pomegranate arils add a punch of sweet-tart flavor and crunch to the salad. Because I like easy and nutritious, I used Pom Poms fresh pomegranate arils available in your grocers refrigerated section of the produce department. They’re available October through January while in season ~ so hurry and check it out.
Making the pomegranate vinaigrette is easy and it can be stored in a jar in the fridge up to 4 days. Let any left-over vinaigrette come to room temperature and shake it up before using it again. To extract the juice from the pomegranate arils, I used a small bowl and simply pressed them with the back of a teaspoon. Voila! In seconds, I had enough juice for the vinaigrette.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and nutritious spinach salad with homemade pomegranate vinaigrette. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. See policy for full disclosure.
Useful kitchen tools for this recipe:
Keep up your healthy-eating routine with this delightful spinach salad with pomegranate vinaigrette. It’s packed full of flavor, vitamins and antioxidants.
- 10 oz baby spinach leaves
- 5 oz baby bella mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 1 fresh red pepper (diced)
- 2 fresh tomatoes (sliced into wedges)
- 1 small shallot (sliced thin (to taste))
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon (diced)
- goat cheese (crumbled (to taste))
- 4 tbsp fresh pomegranate arils ((Pom Poms))
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper ((to taste))
- To extract the juice from the pomegranate arils, use a small bowl and press them with the back of a teaspoon. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well blended. Store any left-over salad dressing in a jar in the fridge up to 4 days. Allow the salad dressing to come to room temperature, and then re-emulsify.
- Rinse, dry and prep all the vegetables and set aside. Cook the bacon and remove to a paper-towel lined plate to cool. Dice the bacon. Add the vegetables to an extra-large salad bowl. Toss the salad with a desired amount of vinaigrette. It should be well coated, but not too wet. Top the salad with the goat cheese, bacon and fresh pomegranate arils.