Nothing beats a tall cool strawberry lemonade on a hot summer day! Quench your thirst with this sweet and tart strawberry lemonade. It won’t last long! Homemade strawberry lemonade tastes much better than anything store bought. And you can adjust the sugar levels to your taste.
Making homemade strawberry lemonade is a great recipe to make with kids. They can help squeeze the lemons. And it doesn’t take very long to make this refreshing drink.
What you’ll need
1 cup sugar
1 cup, water
1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
1 ½ cups fresh lemon juice, (about 6 lemons, seeds removed)
3 cups cold water
Ice for serving
If you like fizzy bubbles or sparkling water, try adding club soda or Sprite to some strawberry lemonade. I like to call these versions a strawberry lemonade sparkler. Another adult version is to add Prosecco for a refreshing cocktail. Its a nice twist to this classic summer drink.
Variations – to make a strawberry lemonade sparkler
1) With soda – Fill a glass half with strawberry lemonade and the rest with chilled Sprite or ginger ale.
2) With prosecco – Fill champagne glass half with strawberry lemonade and fill rest of the way with chilled prosecco.
Quench your thirst with this sweet and tart strawberry lemonade. It won’t last long!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (cleaned and hulled)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons, seeds removed)
- 3 cups cold water
- large pitcher
- ice for serving
- In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a simmer. Stir so the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Place strawberries into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Put the strawberry puree through a sieve to remove most of the seeds and pulp.
- Combine the strawberry juice, sugar water and lemon juice into a large pitcher. Add 3 cups of cold water and stir well. Serve with ice and garnish with lemon or strawberry slices.