Succulent soy ginger chicken wings are great for lunch or as an appetizer when you have a crowd. You’ll love these chicken wings for game day or just a lazy weekend afternoon. They have just a hint of spice.
If you like your wings spicier, you can bump up the amount of cayenne pepper you add. These wings are always asked for by family when they come visit. They’re one of my husband’s and father-in-law’s favorites – always served with lime and a nice cold beer.
Making succulent soy ginger chicken wings is quite easy. The first step involves combining all the ingredients into a large glass or stainless mixing bowl. Next, add in the chicken and coat it with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours minimum. It can refrigerate over-night. During that time, stir and redistribute the marinade over the chicken several times.
Here’s a tip
I find it’s best to cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick baking spray prior to baking. This allows for an easier clean-up. Once the chicken wings are baked squeeze fresh lime juice all over them. This adds a delicious citrusy flavor and acidity.
Succulent soy ginger chicken wings
These delicious chicken wings are perfect for game day or a crowd. They also make a great main course. Adjust the cayenne to your desired level of spiciness.
- 2 lbs chicken wings (cleaned and trimmed)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (if gluten free, use a gluten free soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (chopped or 1/2 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (ground)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- limes (for garnish)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for the marinade (everything except chicken and limes) and stir. Now add the chicken and stir. Coat the chicken well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours minimum. It can refrigerate over-night. During that time, stir and redistribute the marinade over the chicken several times.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with vegetable spray. Place the chicken wings on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes. Turn the wings over halfway through the cooking time. Prior to serving, squeeze a little lime juice over all the wings (about half a lime).