Homemade Chex mix
Homemade Chex mix is a burst of salty, savory, nutty and crunchy flavors and textures. It is a party favorite or tasty snack for movie night or football games.
Servings: 12 people
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 4 cups corn Chex cereal or Shreddies
- 12 oz box Cheez Its crackers Regular or Parmesan flavor
- 1 lb lightly salted peanuts
- 2 cups plain whole nuts like walnuts, cashews or pecans
- 1 small package of pretzels
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
Preheat the oven to 250 F.
Combine the cereals, Cheez It crackers, nuts and pretzels in a large roasting pan.
Melt 1 cup of unsalted butter. Pour the melted butter over the Chex mix and gently mix it in.
In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, sea salt and cayenne pepper (if using). Sprinkle the spices into the Chex mix and gently stir.
Add the Worcestershire sauce over the Chex mix and gently stir.
Bake the Chex mix for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow the mix to completely cool before serving and storing.
Add in dried fruit like Craisins, currents or dried apple chips to add in sweetness if so desired.
Recipe from https://www.northwestspoon.com