Potato and cauliflower tacos
Veggie lovers will love these roasted potato and cauliflower tacos with queso fresco. Potato and cauliflower tacos with queso fresco are easy to make and taste great with your favorite taco toppings. For a plant-based alternative, use Vegan feta cheese.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tsp cumin generous tsp
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into bite sized wedges
- 1 head of cauliflower cored and florets cut into medium-size (they will shrink when roasted).
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- corn or flour taco sized tortillas, warmed
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups queso fresco, crumbled (or feta cheese; or Vegan feta cheese for plant-based diet)
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped for garnish amount to taste
- can of pickled jalapenos, optional for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 F
Clean, cut and prepare the vegetables. Place them in a large mixing bowl. Toss the vegetables with the extra virgin olive oil and spices.
Lay the vegetables out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Space out the vegetables and do not overcrowd the pan. Use two pans if necessary.
Bake in the oven for approximately 30 - 40 minutes or until the potatoes pierce easily with a fork and the cauliflower browns. Move the vegetables around on the pan (turning them over to roast all sides) at least once halfway through the baking time.
Serve a generous portion on warmed tortillas. Top each taco with queso fresco (or feta cheese or Vegan feta cheese) and cilantro. Add your favorite taco toppings to taste. These are tasty with pickled jalapenos or pickled Mexican vegetables on top as well.